We’re excited to announce that we will be adding a Volunteer Development Director to our team in 2019! The job description is posted below. Those interested in applying can e-mail their resume to us at [email protected]
Director of Volunteer Development (Part-time)
Blast & Cast Men’s Ministries
Ministry Regions include Houston, North Texas, and Louisiana
Incorporated in 2008, Blast & Cast Men’s Ministries is an inter-denominational Christian outreach ministry that utilizes the common bonds of hunting and fishing to reach outdoorsmen. As we commonly say, we are pointing outdoorsmen to the cross.
At Blast & Cast, our number one focus is reaching men who can normally be found in a fishing boat or a hunting blind on Sunday mornings. We feel that churches have the opportunity to reach their members and attendees on any given Sunday morning, but being outside of the church and inside a boat or blind presents an opportunity that the local church doesn’t have – namely, to reach those who aren’t in the pews.
Blast & Cast Men’s Ministries is seeking to hire a part-time Director of Volunteer Development in the Houston, Texas area. The primary responsibilities include recruiting, training, and retaining a volunteer base that can help fulfill Blast & Cast’s mission of reaching outdoorsmen for Christ. Hours may vary each week based on special events but will average 20 hours per week.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Recruit new volunteers to serve as field staff, pro staff, and at ministry events
- Lead volunteer evangelism training
- Represent Blast & Cast in at least two trade shows per year
- Coordinate at least one fund raising event per year (clay shoot, raffle, etc.)
- Assist with weekend ministry events in the Houston, North Texas, and Louisiana ministry regions
- Coordinate/lead at least two events per year
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Follower of Jesus Christ rooted in the Bible, the inerrant Word of God
- Inspires participation, good leader
- Approachable, good communicator, excellent teacher
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to travel 15-20% of the year
- Preference given to someone that lives in the greater Houston area or willing to move in the first few months