Purpose: To train and equip our volunteer staff members as they lead other outdoorsmen to Jesus Christ.
Keynote speakers: Rob Purdy and Brodie Cooper
Dates: Primary check in will begin at 6:00 pm on Thursday, May 30. The event will officially end at noon on Sunday, June 2. Everyone must check out by noon on Sunday, June 2.
Registration: This event will be limited to volunteer staff members only. Residents of Louisiana and new volunteers that have not yet attended a training event will be given priority due to limited space. Boat owners must seek approval before signing up.
Fishing / Training: We will be fishing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings until about lunch time. After lunch, we will all meet up for a training session. The training sessions are the primary focus of the event and should be taken seriously. The sessions will be challenging and require participants to engage the material and share with the group.
Meals: Bring your own breakfast, and bring some cash to eat out for lunch. Dinner on Friday and Saturday night will be provided.
What to bring:
- Bible, note pad, and pen.
- Everyone should bring their own fishing gear and tackle as it is not expected of the volunteer boat owners to lend out their gear or tackle. If they choose to do so, please replace it. Suggested tackle list is below.
- Cash for boat gas, ice, and lunch
- Sunscreen, hat, and polarized sunglasses for sight fishing
- Saltwater fishing license
- Filet knife and Ziploc bags – plan to clean your own fish please.
- A willing attitude that’s eager to help make it work and have a good time
Suggested tackle: Plan to fish for redfish. Each fisherman should bring their own rod. Appropriate rods are medium-light to medium action, 6-7ft long, either spinning or bait-casting. Monofilament line is typically 12lb test, braided line is typically 20-30lb test. It’s recommended to put fresh line on reels if you haven’t done so in the last few months. Soft plastics, spinner baits, topwaters, spoons, and Gulp under popping corks are all effective.
- Event chairman: Rob Purdy
E-Mail: [email protected]
- Event co-chairman: Steve Smith
E-Mail: [email protected]
- If you need information prior to the event please contact us via e-mail.
- If you need assistance on the road or during the event, please contact us via phone.
* Please note that our volunteer boat owners are receiving no compensation for their services and are paying for their spot at the event. They are not professionals, and are simply volunteering their boats, gear, and know how so that you can have a good time. Because of this, please take the utmost care of their gear.